Need a seed store around Northern NJ area

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by 71ragtopgoat, Sep 2, 2011.

1. 71ragtopgoat

71ragtopgoat LawnSite Member

Hello
    I have a few over seeding jobs(3) this week. I am not happy with jd/lesco seed the last few years. So I would like to find another seed dealer with top quality seed. I would rather not mail order as shipping costs effect the bottom line too much. Plus I tend to pickup jobs while doing the ones already booked.
    So at times I need to restock at a moments notice. I work basically in zip 07417 if this would help with finding a dealer. I'm looking for varieties such as midnight and bedazzled. Good quality cool season grass mixes etc.
    Thanks

2. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

3. 71ragtopgoat

Thanks for your reply.But there a little far away like 3 hours. But I will add them to my list of suppliers.
    Thanks again

4. SDLandscapes VT

They deliver....

5. 71ragtopgoat

Wow! thanks

6. SDLandscapes VT

I live in VT and use them for just about everything

7. othersideland

othersideland LawnSite Member

There is a lesco or John Deere landscape dealer I should say in Fairlawn, NJ or in Closter, NJ there is Northern Valley Feed and Turf.

8. 71ragtopgoat

There are JD/Lesco dealers on every corner around here. But I wish to try others.
    Just came back from northern valley feed and turf. Great place. I just bought some KBG from him. Any other places out there.

9. othersideland

othersideland LawnSite Member

Materas nursery in ridgefield, nj.....I do not use them but I get the seasonal catalog.. The guy mike at northern personally I think is one of the better guys to go to compared to a big name place much more personal and he's always looking to give advice
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 71ragtopgoat

Yes he is a good guy.I was lucky enough to go when he was slow and him myself and another lawn care guy talked shop for about an hour. Picked up a few pointers on ornamental tree care.