need a small mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRAD2723, May 14, 2004.

1. BRAD2723

BRAD2723 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I need a small mower to mow alot of medians at an apartment complex , which brand or size should i get.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a 21" Lawnboy recently. Man, I like that little mower. Its a 2 cycle and very light. The cut is really nice and it goes from side discharge to mulching in less than a minute.
  3. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

try a honda pro there a good starter ,good cutter and lets just say i am pleased with mine
  4. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Craftsman 21" mower with a 5.5 Honda engine last year. It cuts and mulches great. We dont use a 21" often, but it is now half way through its second year with no problems. I only paid about $259 for it so Im pleased.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

try the billy goat,contour mower i love mine and the cut is top.
  6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i have a lawnboy and i think its excellent, thats my vote.
  7. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We do alot of appartment complexes. If you are going to be running them around a lot of sidewalks and curbs the wheels and height adjusters will take a heck of a beating. Best mower to hold up in these conditions is the Honda Hydro commercial. I have 5 of these and have worn out 2 in 4 years. The John Deere and Toros didnt make it a year. They get 30 hours plus a week of use.
  8. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Another vote for LawnBoy. They are nothing that cuts like they do. It does not matter what type of grass you are in. They make it look good.

The 2 strokes are all just about gone. If you can not find one. Look at the Silver Series with the 6.5 HP Tecumseh engine. I bought one last year to try out and it cuts just as good as the 2 stroke and I plan to buy 2 or 3 more of them this year.

Speaking of small mowers. I would like to see some manufactors build a small gas powered 14 to 18" trim mower.
  9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i have a cub cadet and hate it. never buy a cub cadet. i know its not positive, but just telling you what not to buy ;) hope it helps my man
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have used and still do use cubs. I see no problem with them.