Need a timer for a sod job irrigation.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Popper357, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

I need a timer that can be set to turn on twice a week for about an hour, that plugs into 120 standard outlet and basically waters a patch of sod automatically. The homeower is older and doesn't want to be responsible for the irrigation. I need something I can sell them that is easy to install and setup. It needs to run water to a hose end sprinkler.

Searched ebay and didn't see anything. I can get the job if I can irrigate automatically w/o construction.

2. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a battery operated valve might work well for this app.

3. Mats

Mats LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

Thanks. My next idea is to drop in on irrigation dealers for the first time and see what is currently on the market in my area. I'll checkout the leads, Thanks Very Much.

Battery operated water timer... Got it.

5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I can't believe I'm saying this.............
    Home Depot.

9V Battery operated timer for a hose bib. Seems like the last one I bought ran 34.95.......Maybe I can find a link from another window.........
    http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...BV_EngineID=ccdfaddehlidliecgelceffdfgidgnl.0
    If it works, that's the link. fairly simple to program and I've had no problems with them. Have sold them as a component to above ground irrigation systems to builders for several years now.

Link doesn't work completely here is the product number

Internet/Catalog # 161599