Need a tree spade...Alabama.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by o-so-n-so, Feb 5, 2006.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Any alabama locals know where I can rent or pay someone to spade about 18 trees.

I need to remove 15 mature multi trunk crepe myrtles (3" cal each trunk) and 3 magnolia trees with a 6"-8" cal and about 20' tall. The myrtles will be removed and loaded on a trailer, the magnolia trees will be dug and moved to another location in the same lawn.

Below is a picture of the magnolias TBM.

3D510714-F825-63FB-FEAFEB9AD67D3208.jpeg

2. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

I know the Davey Tree Expert Co. has tree spades. They were actually featured on the history channel's mega machines or somethin like that recently. I would definatly find out the nearest branch office and give them a call.

James
    JS LANDSCAPING

3. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

you dont need a spade that big for those trees lol. Daveys takes out 40 foot trees lol.

You could always rent a skid loader and the spade attachment and do it your self :waving:

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

not on a 6-8 inch caliber tree that root ball would have to be atleast a 44 an that aint happenin. i dug some white pines with a 36 inch ball about 3-3.5 caliber an it have that bobcat 8 series some work

5. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member