1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a Trimmer and Edger for $800. What you think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CtrlAltElite, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure you spend your whole $800!
  2. CtrlAltElite

CtrlAltElite LawnSite Member

? Some people spend more, some less. Supose I could go craftsman or B&D and save the money.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Some will disagree... My point is & has been is that a powerful trimmer will suffice as both a trimmer & edger. You've now committed yourself to needing an edger at this point. Hey, it's all good. New equip rocks!
  4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

they never listen to what i say for some reason. i'm only trying to help.
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

They dont listen to me eighter........ROLL TIDE
  6. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

Good choice on the redmax, that's what we run and are better than the stihls, not my opinion, but from what I've seen during thousands of hours of use
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Chevy vs Ford??? Be more specific! Chevy corvette vs Ford tempo???? Be realistic.

Power vs weight vs efficiency. You could have a 10 minute debate with yourself....

Buy the right tool once and you will never replace it, all are good Brands, pick a model.

You get what you pay for, doesn't matter what brand.... there is no comparing a $200 trimmer to a $400 trimmer (see above) - GOOD LUCK!