1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a unit price on 2 items.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by o-so-n-so, Jul 23, 2006.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Can someone give me a ballpark price on good crossties (railroad ties)going to need about 100 ties.
    I also need a price on rebar (per ft) 3/4".

I am pricing a tie wall (small) and I can't call today for pricing. Does anyone have a good source for crossties in North Central Alabama?

2. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Around here top grade ties in that quanity would be $14.50. Rebar is about 1.50 per foot, give or take.
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you looking for new cross ties? There is a place on hwy 160 in Hayden that makes new ones. How is your business going? We need to try and do lunch again sometime.
  4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

What is goin on Adam? Yea, Are you talking about Tangent Rail? If so, I actually know the personnel manager. I done a stump job for him about 2 months back.

I really need used landscape quality ties for this project. Going to tie in to some existing wall. If you hear of something give me a call.

I'm all about the lunch...call me when you get time...................thanks