Need a value JD 757 & JD 997

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Marek, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to get a value on 2 machines a 2005 997 z trac with 180 hrs and a 2006 757 with 400 hrs.I'm not a Deere guy so looking for some imput on these machines,likes or dislikes and dollar value!

2. 430 boy

430 boy LawnSite Member

the 997 is a tank. It has a 27 hp diesel motor made by yanmar. Deere has been using there motor since the mid 1970. The yanmar diesel use a gallon fuel an hour .The kaw in 757 uses more fuel and has less torque which in my mind is a big deal. but when it is all said and done 757 is less money. Two site that would be of Interest are www.deere.com and www.machinefinder.com . The deere site is what new stuff will go for. The machinefinder site is what the deere dealer have and what they are ask for it. good luck with your mower

3. Marek

Thanks buying a local company and trying to put numbers on some assets of thiers.

4. Marek

do you own either of these mowers and how is the cut? We are really happy with our exmarks.Wasnt sure if I would keep these or sell them.

5. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

i've got an o6 757 w/ 60in deck and it's abeast. it mowers great. and the stripes look nice too. you could get between 8 an 9 just depends on how much they sell for new in ur area. i got mine for 7400 w/ 28hrs on it and 2 year warrenty but the guy i bought it from got it as a demo so price was knocked down and he had to get rid of it so i got a real good deal.

6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Well new price is going to be right around $8000.00 new (Midwest area) so kind of use that as a guide. I do believe you would be impressed with the Deeres thou! They will run right along your current mowers................Guaranteed!!

7. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

that was on a 757 Z-TRAK