Need a wheel motor

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DJ Contracting, Jun 21, 2008.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

OK so i need a wheel motor asap, i have a Ariens 2148 Xl (992099) any help here would be appreciated. I have tried the local dealers here and nobody has one, and mine is leaking fluid at rate of a pint per day which translates to leaking oil my customers lawns and all over my trailer.
    Thanks Joe

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant say that I am familiar with what brand wheel motor is on that Ariens, but the Ariens company now owns J-Thomas.com and if you can get the factory numbers off of the wheel motor they can more then likely get you a replacement, and they offer next day air. I know this will not get you one today but at least its one more option.

3. DJ Contracting

Thanks Mowermedic i'll check it out.

4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Should be an Ariens/Gravely part #04915500.

5. DJ Contracting

Yea i found that part # on mowpart.com so i have been looking around here but to no avail, so it looks like i'll have to buy one on-line, i did have a dealer say he could order a seal kit for $92.00 but i have never installed a seal kit on one, it looks easier just to replace the wheel motor.

Do you know if this is the same units that Gravely uses on there ztr's

6. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. Used on the 34Z and 44Z and some of the walkbehinds. Not used on the bigger units in the commercial ZTR line though.

7. DJ Contracting

Well i took mine off and found that it was a Hydro-Gear part # HGM-12P-7172 got one ordered for $380.00 plus tax and will pick it up tomorrow thanks for the info