need a yes or not?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

do i need a clients permission to put pics of there home on my web page?

2. LibFinServ

LibFinServ LawnSite Member

Good idea to get written authorization. Try this simple wording. I am not an attorney, just expressing my thoughts!

I hereby give ___________________ the unqualified right to to take pictures of my home _________________ (subject's name), and to put the finished pictures on _________________ (website). I understand that these pictures will be accessible to anyone with Internet access and may be used in promotional flyers and advertisments, however, no names of subjects will be published.

3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

what i came up with is this. i fig ask before i mail it out.

Attached Files:

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Technically, for their home,...no. Ethically? Yes. Now, if you are giving an address or something, that may be a different story. Companies, news agencies, and publications do it all the time.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Just put it in your contract that you have the right to use a pic. of there property including home to showcase your work for advertizing. Add it t one of the lines about payment terms etc. The worst that will happen is they might cross it out other wise if they accept your contract they accepted your terms.

6. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we do this all the time. of course we are not really taking pics of the house, but the landscape. we make sure that the house number is not visable. every homeowner has been thrilled that we put their landscape on our website. gives them and us a feeling of pride.