Need Accounts!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cuttingedge101, Aug 8, 2006.

1. cuttingedge101

cuttingedge101 LawnSite Member

I just started my company and im trying to pick it up i was wondering if anyone had any advise on how to get some accounts? Thanks...:usflag:

Cuttin Edge

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Flyers, Flyers, Flyers and more Flyers. If you can afford it, run an ad in the newspaper. Do quality work and word of mouth should also get you some work! BTW, Welcome to LS!

3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I rembered starting out the hard way with no accounts my self. I dont normally hit this forum im in hardscaing, comm lsing but tonight is dry night so i will give you my 2 cents worth. I started out owning a new 753 bobcat and 1 ton truck and no business very frustraing. You will need a yellow page add dont let any one tell you any different, and if you cant spend the money than quit. Because you can afford it , will pay for self in no time. However its to late for that now try that for next year. I ran a add in my local news paper unger our business directory it helped some what. You need a good contact person that can put the word out for you, who might be well respected in your area or some one who gets around. remember next year yellow page i only work 8 months out of 12 and cant handle all of my work. But 1 time i was the oly one in the spring with no work. Good luck to you.
    Mike

4. cuttingedge101

Thanks for the advise, i have and ad in the newspaper and ive been putting up flyers with some cards tacked to it and its gotten me one account so far but ill keep at that and ill post more flyers in diff. areas... and thanks agian for the advise....

Cutting Edge

5. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

yes defiantly flyer's! maybe get some business cards ask your local part stores grocery stores to put some on the counter and have a few in the truck just incase someone asks you about your service, i bought pens also to give to my new customers, anything to get your name out.

6. siyaltrduc

siyaltrduc LawnSite Member
    from Raleigh

From what I have heard they are right on! I started out with nothing as far as clients and ran some flyers. I went to the local paper and puchased some newspaper sleeves. Run you flers and buy a bag of gravel. Put the flyer in the bag with a few rocks and tie the bag. Drive around and toss like your the newspaper boy. It is very good coverage because you know that every customer has to pick that bag up. So at least they have seen your name. I found that a larger add in the local newspaper has worked well. It payed for itself the first job.

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

You started at the wrong time of year.
    The only customers you will get now are the folks no one wants.

8. cuttingedge101

Ya i figured, it wasent the best time of year but i thought i would give it a shot and thanks for the tips ill give it a shot as well...

Cutting Edge