Need accounts!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Myk, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

I need some advice to get my name out there for advertising. I've tried flyers last year not much luck. and I know word of mouth is the best, but whats been your best advertising tool to get a great response from? Thank you for your input.

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Flyers and Classified ads but the very best was Post-It-notes, simple to distribute too, peel and slap, peel and slap.

Perhaps it was your flyer, If you want to post it on here many of us can try to help you develop it to the point that you should get a better responce rate from it.

3. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

wells, did you really have good luck with the post-it notes? seems like a time real time saver. it also seems a little unprofessional (just my thought). what type of response did you get.

4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

We picked up over 40 clients from just the Post-It notes alone.
    There's a company that will print your advertising on a post-it note and it looks really good not to mention it's very unique when it come to advertising.

Jodi (1majortom) has been using them for years and so I decided to give it a try last year and was truly amazed by the responce rate. If you do a seasrch on "Post-it" you should find several of Jodi's old posts on the subject.

Here is the Post-It note website.
    http://www.design-a-pad.com/

5. toac

just curious wells, what size post it did you use?

6. Ultimatelawncareinc

Ultimatelawncareinc LawnSite Member

well toac it's not unprofessional it's very unique and very good return on your investment i used them last year and was great i used door hangers in the past and they blow off it's not what your thinking you don't write your company name on it with a phone number it's like a half sheet flyer how ever you design it and you just stick it to the front door, car doors ,corkboards, anything i think i paid like $800 for 2,000 with them designing it.

7. toac

the more i think about it the better it sounds. the time saved would be great. i've decided i'm going to have to order some.

8. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

The endless question Wells, did you put 'em on the door or the mailbox?

9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

How about in a bag with some rocks and tossed onto the driveway, LOL.
    No, we went door to door with them but they were really easy to distribute based on size and ease of placement.
    If I remember right Jodi said she paid to have theirs placed on the local newspapers.

10. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I belive they were 4"W x3"H