Need Accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Scagmower48, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

If next march I hang thousands of door hangers that have an area for me to provide a weekly mowing price, and I lowball that price slightly like charging $25 dollars for a .25 to .50 acre lot, do u guys think i will generate a lot of calls and possible clients. I will be able to make money with these prices as my expenses are very low.

I just want to land like 10 accounts. I hope its reachable if i hand like 3000 door hangers.

Thanks for the advice
  2. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

You're already falling into the trap of desparation. I have seen it in the last few posts you made.

Clientel will come with word of mouth.

be professional about your work - dress nice, be personable and friendly, and show up on time, every time, at the same time (if at all possible - weather dependent)

Work will come.
  3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

What your going to end up with is a handfull of cheapos, people that have nasty yards and want it done at rock bottom rates.

Why sell yourself short? If your providing a quality product you should expect to be paid well for it.
  4. GroundForce007

GroundForce007 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

yeah dont low ball that mess it up for every one else
  5. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

************* No Lowballers *****************
  6. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

Just Say No To Cheap Customers
  7. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

You should be able to get 10 accounts by just asking around and making phone calls.
  8. IndustrialGreen

IndustrialGreen LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

The first accounts are the hardest. The more you get, the more you get, but avoid price shoppers. Target the folks who have nice houses, and make enough to not want to do yardwork, when they could be golfing instead. These are the best residential customers. Cheapskates looking for the best deal are PIA's. Work to get 5 great accounts, not 10 low paying pains.
  9. David C.

David C. LawnSite Member

Only ten??? "No Prob-blem-oh!!"

but don't lowball---you would only be hurting yourself
  10. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the support guys; lowballing is not the way to go