Need advice about Start-up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by molivares, Feb 28, 2003.

1. molivares

molivares LawnSite Member

Hi I currently live in NY but have a home in Florida. I'm planning on starting a property service business which will provide the following services.

Lawn Care - General mowing and simple projects

Pool & Spa Service - Basic stuff

Maid/House cleaning service

I plan on targeting vacation home owners and Property Management companies which will need all three services. I plan on charging around 150 - 200 per month per house.

1) Do you think there is a market for these services?
    2) Do you think the price is OK?
    3) Can I pull off 30- 40 accounts in a few months?
    3) Any advice would be helpful

I should be setup in a couple of months but still worried about not getting enough accounts. Does anyone know what the competition is like in this area of Florida? Thank you
    :dizzy:

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

In my area there is a large company called Commercial Property Maintenance. They do all the services you listed (not pool and spa)and more. They get ALOT of business. Go for it.

3. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

Very, Very, Very good luck...98% of rental properties here in Fl that I've dealt with want the cheapest guy possible...I don't deal with them anymore because they're cheap, they want you to do everything for nothing, they don't want to pay, and they'll hire a bum to do it for $5.50 an hour...

4. molivares

That's interesting you say that and I see your from Florida where do you suggest i look for accounts ? any info would be helpful ? .

5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I hate residential, I'm trying to get away from that. But I must admit I'll take any account that whats to pay. Its just that most residentials don't.

6. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Oh Molivares, GET A WALKER TALK MAGAZINE! There is a company that does just what you're describing!

7. molivares

What a Walker Talk Mag ?. Do you guys think I'll be able to get any business do you suggest I rethink my views. Please any suggestion would be helpful. I like to hear feedback negitive or positive thank you.

8. molivares

IBgreen I found Walker Talk web site do you know the company name . I could use them to do research thank you