Need advice explaining to clients that 25 weeks = 25 weeks!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CP Estates, Jul 6, 2006.

1. CP Estates

CP Estates LawnSite Member
    from North

I have my first issue with a couple of clients not that things have dried out.

When things were wet this spring I was having to go over several places an extra time mid-week to stay on top of things and still only charged them for their weekly cut. Now things have slowed down, they are saying that "... it doesn't really need it this week."

:confused: What is the best AND most diplomatic way of explaining to them that I don't mind picking up the slack when it's growing like crazy but I can't afford to be taking weeks off.

2. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Your business... Your rules.... If they don't like it take a hike.

The min you let clients tell you when to cut, your screwed! Give them an inch they'll take 10 miles.

How is your contract set up for such an occurrence? Without one guess your SOL.

All Clear

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

What does your contract say

4. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

That is most definitley the best advice you will ever hear on this board.

5. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

In this area where residential contracts are not the norm . . . the LCO charge based on frequency . . . example . . .every week - $35.00, every 10 days - $40.00, every two weeks - $45.00, one time / per call - $55.00 . . . .

6. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

Tell the customers that it gets done on a weekly basis. There actually getting free cuts by you cutting again mid week because it was growing at a faster rate. If they want to go to bi-weekly, back charge them for the times you mowed exta.

Just my 2 cents.

7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have to aggree with that...

8. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

maybe you should have sold cuts instead of weeks. If they wanted you twice a week when growing or every three weeks when dry - still 25 cuts is whatca get. And they can't keep one for a fall clean up.

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I don't understand...you're either charging "per cut" or a flat-rate deal. Which is it? By throwing in that freebie cut mid-week sounds like you're set up on contracts...

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Don't explain nothing, just let them call me, I'll cut their grass when it really needs it and not every week whether it needs it or not.