Need advice for residential lawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ndwiginton, Sep 15, 2006.

1. ndwiginton

ndwiginton LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have just purchased a new home that has about a two acre lawn. The lawn when new was sodded in Bermuda grass but in the last couple of seasons it hasn't been taken care of very well (no pre m, weed control, etc). Now the lawn is full of broadleef weeds, crabgrass, Johnson grass. I don't have any commercial sprayers but I am needing to put out some type of weed killer so that by next spring weeds will be of a minimum and hopefully the Bermuda will be coming back strong. I am not familiar with a lot of the chemicals that people post about so please be explanatory on what chemicals you would suggest, how many applications, and best way to cover two acres with it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. thecompletehome

thecompletehome LawnSite Member

I would recommend you call a few chemical applicators first to get an estimate on what they would charge. You might be surprised that may be as cheap to have a professional with commercial equipment do your yard as you going out and spending hours trying to spray all the weeds yourself.