1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need advice from eXmark users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ple_1969, Apr 28, 2002.

1. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase either a Lazer Z HP with the 52” deck or the Turf Tracer with the 60” deck and a sulky to mow a 4 acre lot twice a week. The land is flat with not too many trees or obstacles to maneuver around.

I have been reading posts and have performed a various searches on these 2 mowers so please do not flame me. I am just confused at this point to which one to get. Any opinion or advice from you professionals would be extremely helpful helpful!

My 2 main concerns are:

1. Quality of cut at a high speed (Ultracut vs. TriVantage deck)
    2. Ease of maintenance of the machines (changing blades, oil.. etc.)

2. Well you did not seach well enough. hahahah LOL

Ultra cut deck is deeper than the Trivantage.

It is very hard to distinglish between the 2 while mowing.

The 52" Lazer hp with the Trivantage deck cuts very well

But if you went to the Lazer (not hp) with a 52" you get the Ultra cut deck.

BTW My Lazers have the Trivantage deck before it was names Unltra cut. It is the deeper deck.

To tell you the truth, your concerns are not relevent sence there is not a noticable difference between the 2 in cut. The maint. is about the same on both mowers

I have run both decks in the 52" size and the Ultra discharges a little better, but I realy don't think it is a deciding factor.

The 52" will discharge much better than the 60"
  3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

If I ever have to decide on whether to get a Lazer Z or a walkbehind again I would deffinatly go with the Z. They are just so much easier to operate, and the cut is great! If I were you, and you have the funds to get the Lazer Z HP, then GET IT!
  4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I own both a Lazer 52" and Viking 48". I use them both according to what the situation calls for at the time, for example, hills,open areas, etc... I don't believe that one machine can do it all, IMO.
  5. Parrothead

Parrothead LawnSite Member

If all you're using it for is this one flat property, get the Lazer. If you're cutting twice a week there will be no significant difference in the quality of cut between the two decks. The Lazer will be more comfortable over 4 acres. The only maintenance difference will be the Lazer's blades. Just buy a jungle-jack and problem solved.
  6. Liquid Cooled Exmark

Liquid Cooled Exmark LawnSite Member
    from CT

I use a 60" liquid cooled lazer Z, i love it, just because it is much easier especially over that big of an area. We are buying a 52" walk behind soon, even though we already have one, but it is a scag and its older.
    The scag is a nice machine but the exmarks cut so much nicer.
    yes for maintanence but the jack and the bades are very easily changed. The cut with the lazer is so nice but the discharge is high, depending on lawn height of course.
    i say go with the lazer z for comfortablity and ease of mowinf, but the walk behind is nice even with a sulky, but for an area that big, go with the bigger mower.

Get the 60" Exmark with the 26efi Kohler. Plenty of power and good gas mileage. I have one and love it! My 2 Linkuns...:D
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

HP! :blob4: HP! :blob4: HP!

LGF is correct, you're not going to see any difference between the cuts. It all comes back to how much comfort your want and how much money you want to spend.