Need advice from my peers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DynaMow, Feb 27, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

this is what I am thinking

class ads.JPG
  2. jhoneycutt

jhoneycutt LawnSite Member

those are good I like 1 b, & 2 b also, BUT I dont think I would put that in @ the price though. just my opinion
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

1B, 2B as well and no mention of price.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I would be alittle upset if you ran that in my area, because I hate when customers call and expect me to be able to cut it within the hour. I always explain to them that there is a schedule/route.
  5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

What are you going to do when customers call both #s?
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with your selections of #1 B and #2 B or E
  7. DynaMow

I am not sure where you are getting the impression that I am trying to convey that. I am trying to get my ad noticed in a sea of 50 - 60 other ads. Thank you though, I will relook at them and see if I feel others will get the same impression as yours, valid concern.
    I my mind there are two major categories of mowing clients A) want it to be nice B) just want it cut. I am trying to earn business from both groups of possible clients.
    Now to answer your question, I am pushing each ad as different service levels, they will be sold as that also. And if estimated they will be treated as two different levels. I think? What would you do? Thanks

Testing both adds for at least three weeks then deciding which is producing more profit. Thanks
  8. DynaMow

my main concern with 2b is that they run alphabetically and I would like to see some distance between the two adds, thats why I like the one that starts with $$$$$$
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I feel #2B. Nothing in #1 is good. It's a waste to spend money on headlining your name. If somebody is familar with you business and looking for you, they will look in the YP's. They look in the service directory of the newspaper for ....what else....service. I have found my best ads list services. I try to list all that pertain to the season in which the add will go out. Also, I am not sure on the size of your town, but with the service directory (as well as YP's), you will get people calling from all over town.
  10. DynaMow

well i have to disagree with you in some areas. the purpose of ad design in class ads is to stand out, focal point, that is what the big bold does and the border box. i need to be picked out of 50 - 60 ads. the only reason i use my name as business name is because my mom and dad live in area all life and are know well. two brothers that live in area and are also know pretty well through comminity. then for me have grown up here involved with community activities so name is important. i am not saying they are looking for name but if they see it it could be plus. The little 5 town paper i am using is the first place our community goes when needing service.

I never understood listing services. What the hell is a lawn and landscaping company supposed to doing. Roof work, appliance repair.

Lawn and Landscaping in the lawn and gardening section, Hey honey i wonder if these guys mow, I dont know does it say they do?
    I just do not see it this way. JMO