need advice Gravely or Scag zero

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spinrider2000, Apr 11, 2007.

1. spinrider2000

spinrider2000 LawnSite Member

Need everyones advice, I have one shot at a zero turn and need opinions. Looking at 52 inch cut, Gravely 152 zdx or Scag Wildcat. The Gravely has the zdx package, 23hp kaw, for $7299. The Scag has the 26hp kaw LC, for $7850. Dealers are 1/2 mile from each other. As far as cutting conditions, summer grasses and rolling hills. I am hauling it home Friday!

2. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I am very pleased with my Scag, model and engine. I just cut my 1.75 acres wet yesterday and it gave a great cut. Personally I would not trade.

Jeff

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I would go with Scag.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I would go with Gravely but thats only because we havent had any luck with our scag WB and we have loved every gravely we have ever owned.

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with the wildcat lc 26. I have the aircooled 25 kaw and I love it. 457 hrs and not one bit of problems. Also the 26 is smoother running than the 25. Some other things to look at are hydro cooler, size of pumps, warranty, resale value, liquid cooled kaw will last longer than air coooled in my opinion.( I have both).

6. spinrider2000

thanks guys, I am going to test them in the morning. Guys here say the LC kaw is worth the difference in the $$.

7. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

For what's it worth, when I ordered my Wildcat last year , price difference in LC vs air cooled was an even $100.

8. spinrider2000

Jkingrph, how is the performance and cut of your Wildcat?

9. jbullis

jbullis LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I just purchased a 30 ho Kohker 61 cut Wildcat, I just mow my property with it. So far my experiance has been very positive, I mowed over 7" tall grass. It felt llike a warm knife cutting through butter, didnt even feel like I was mowing anything. Very positive so far........

10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I like Gravely the best. Tested both brands earlier this year and the gravely cut better and was a very smooth ride. Personaly I like the 252 better it's got strong pumps (21CC over 12CC in the 152), stronger pto (250lbs vs 200lbs), bigger engine's 25 or 27. I don't run l/c motors simply b/c local mechanics tell me that durablity and longevity is determined by upkeep. Not to mention radiators are fairly expensive. Just my two cents.