Need advice much appreciated!!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Christian lawnman, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Christian lawnman

Christian lawnman LawnSite Member

First thing is i have business ownership background my strong point.Well i am needing some questions answered on starting lawn care and landscaping business.I am a missionary based here in the U.S. i go on about 5 mission trips a year.I am very reasonable in my expectations in what time frame it takes to make a business successful, And i am not looking for a empire just a small efficent profitable business.I also have some very capable and fully trust worthy people who will be watching and tending the business while i am on my mission trips.So now i have given info. i hope that helps in answering the questions.Oh yeah I LIKE TO WORK HARDER AND SMARTER i am not lazy lol.

#1. For the most part do you sell a lawn once and then continue to service it for awhile?

#2. Can a lawn service become self sufficent with supervision only in three years?

#3. What is a fair asking price for the average lawn in Dallas,Texas? And i don't take just anything for the sake of work. I always believe the customer will pay $5-$10 more and do what i can to show them why i am worth it.

#4.Can i buy lawns from people to start with to get into a niehborhood that i desire to be in. Is 3 mows a good price to offer for lawns i want to buy?

Enough questions for now lol.Thank you so much for your valueable input and time.God Bless.

2. Christian lawnman

Christian lawnman LawnSite Member

back to the top

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

if your not there, things will go badly.... there is no one you can trust with a brand new operation but you.....