Need advice on a prompt parts company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by louviljlj, Aug 17, 2006.

1. louviljlj

louviljlj LawnSite Member

Ordered a belt for my mower from Sohars on 8-10-06. Got an email back from them that was confusing said order shipped expected ship date 8-16-06 which I assumed was the date I would get it. Well on the 16 "Yesteday" I emailed them about the order, was told expected ship date is the date they will ship " ok thats 6 days later". Today I checked status but it was still the same expected ship date 8-16-06 so emailed them to make sure it had shipped or at least let me know what is going on. I get an email back saying expected ship date 16th, well today is the 17th so I call them and get nowhere. I email back saying I have to know what is going on because I have to have this belt so tell me what is going on so I can order another one somewhere else. Ok, they finally email me back yea it shipped. Man I tell you that was some confusing stuff going on there and I learned to call first to see if item is in stock and they will ship same day because when you need a part to run your business you need orders shipped promptly and with good communication. What is a good lawn parts company to order from?

2. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Try Mowparts.com. Excellent service & prices.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

4. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

j-thomas has been great on prices and fast on delivery for me .

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

J-Thomas is good.

6. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Ship Date is the date it is supposed to be shipped to you.

Hope you have more than 1 mower.

7. louviljlj

When it says item shipped then it also says expected ship date 6 days later kinda made me think it was the date I should expect to get it . First time I ever ordered something online where it took 7 days to ship. Lesson learned.

8. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

Just curious, but why not your local dealer? Probably same day service there.

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Pay out the A-HOLE.....

I save soo much from ordering online. Just saved $100 by ordering a Jungle Jim's sulky online....

BUT when you need the parts yesterday, dealer is good....

10. louviljlj

I got problems with the Toro dealer and they don't let me come to them anymore "lol" so I am stuck ordering online. I did find an Exmark belt today thats the same length as mine and is cheap so I will get it tomorrow and try it out. Looks like same belt "Toro is 75.00 and Exmark is 33.00" if it works ok I will go with it. The problem I got is that I live out in the country so any place for me local is over an hours drive.