Need advice on bid!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Freshman Lawnman, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Freshman Lawnman

Freshman Lawnman LawnSite Member

Help on this is much appreciated! This is my first bid on an account and this is what it is like:
    about 4 acres, 3 of which are covered with trees about 8 feet apart, its an awkward area, a creek in the middle of a hill on each side, then his house is pretty basic on the hill with about an acre, I'll be using a w/b on the hills, it's not gonna be easy, just want an idea on a bid on just the mowing, thanks for any input I know I wasn't that helpful on the description

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

what are you trying to ask and do you have any pic's????? I'm sure some of the guys and girls on here can help you out.:waving:

3. Freshman Lawnman

I know it's a pretty general question, but just want an idea on a bid for just the mowing, it's probably the equivalent of 8 flat acres, I'll try to take some pics tomorrow weather permitting

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

$ 240.00 per cut .depending on your area .

5. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

Personally speaking that sounds like a property that I would stay away from. It sounds like it could take some time to do b/c it seems like alot of time for cutting and alot of trees to trim around. I can see that being a good couple of hours of work that you would want to charge good money for but I bet the people that live there wont be expecting a big price. Hopefully I am wrong. Good luck with it though. If you can get some pics, we might be able to better help you.

Ron

6. Freshman Lawnman

thanks for ya'lls input I'll try and get some pics soon! he's a doctor but ya'll know how that goes

7. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I'd have to say at least $300 - $400. Figure on a property like that you'll spend equal amounts of time trimming and mowing... so if it's 3 hrs to cut let's say, you are going to have probably 3 - 4 hrs of trimming.