1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need advice on hand held blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michmann, Jun 3, 2008.

1. michmann

michmann LawnSite Member

i posted in another section but was looking for models brands numbers etc.

i am a small time/part time operator i have a redmax 5000 backpack blower that my skinny son loves when he helps me but me NOT SO SKINNY SO I was using a craftsmen handheld another lawn guy i know uses his till they die then goes buys another one , well mine died and the lots i cut are city size lots so it takes like 12 seconds to blow the lots off then i have to wrestle it off put it away so i was hoping to get input from people that use comm hand held machines like the ones with the least problems, most durable, easy to use any help or suggestions wanna buy something that will last and be reliable
    i know hand helds are not popular but i hope i get some input thanks :usflag:
  2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

The Echo PB251 is a great handheld blower and priced well at $159-
  3. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Dolmar/Makita PB250.4
    Haven't used one, but seen one at the dealer, looks like a good one.
  4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i like all the stihl handhelds, but if you currently use redmax and are happy w/ the equipment and the dealer then get a redmax. redmax, stihl, echo, and shindaiwa have all given me great service.
  5. Hortus

Hortus LawnSite Member

Agreed. Since I haven't owned any Redmax, I will say that my current Stihl BG55 is better than any echo or shindaiwa I've used in the past.