Need advice on protecting walls of enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DiPop, Oct 26, 2013.

1. DiPop

DiPop LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, I just purchased an enclosed trailer for my business and was wondering if anyone has any ideas or has any experience in protecting the walls of the trailer from mowers banging into them and puncturing a hole or just denting it. Not sure if this is a common practice but I would like to cover all of my bases before using the trailer. I was thinking about either 2 by 4's or even some kind of thick rubber for the back corners. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. walkerway

walkerway LawnSite Member

I put a strip of 3/4 in ply wood around the bottom perimeter of the trailer probably 18" or 24" high that seems the work pretty good. Good luck

3. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Competent employee's have worked for me...

4. Daniellem3

Daniellem3 LawnSite Member

what does that mean?

5. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he means that only an incompetent person could accidentally rub the walls of a trailer and he seems to be implying that this is how to measure the competency of employees (that's employees without and apostrophe s).

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

When I bought my enclosed I was all worried about rubbing the inside walls as well.
    Then you go out, get hot and sweaty, and make money, and rubbing those walls is like a daily occurrence. Don't sweat it.

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

although I don't have an enclosed trailer yet, I have to agree with this statement..LOL. I don't see how it could be avoided. Ive got some ideas for an enclosed trailer, and I also agree that a strip along the bottom would do a great deal to protect the area along the floor. Im thinking the plywood strip for basic care, or for a cleaner look, maybe an 18 inch strip of aluminium diamond plate along the bottom of the walls would look great too.

8. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

its a good idea to reinforce it. plywood 24" or 12" high seems good. Wonder how to secure it though without drilling to the outside

9. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

If it were me I would use wood glue and I'd rent a couple jacks like the kind they use to hold up product in an 18 wheeler. I'd turn them over on there side and jack the tight to the sidewalls.:weightlifter:

10. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

i tack on out door carpet strips and also use them behind the trimmer and blower rack they can be washed and replaced . we use ss screws and fender washers to hold them in place .also we drill 2 x 4 to the floor to help hold the mower wheels in place so they dont drift on bumpy roads..