Need advice on software-looking for new options

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by centraltxturf, Aug 14, 2013.

1. GreenAsItGets

GreenAsItGets LawnSite Member
    from Apex NC

I appreciate the response- but to be candid Hindsite needs to do a better job disclosing info upfront through your sales process, before the buying public shells out the down payment- then getting buyers remorse fairly quickly.
    In our case, the sales did not disclose the facts truthfully, over promised the capability of the software and in a nutshell we feel we lost our time/money pursuing software which is not what we would want/afford to continue working with.
    I will say that I clearly communicated issues on several occasions, but we did not get any concessions in return.

2. Chad at HindSite

Chad at HindSite Sponsor

Appreciate the feedback. Love to hear about your experience with other software vendors. Keep us posted on what you find.

3. AllAmericanlawn

AllAmericanlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have experience with Billmaster versus other software?? Looking at getting something soon. Thinking SAP is the leader right now for me.

4. GreenAsItGets

from Apex NC

Currently in trial with LMN
    http://www.landscapemanagementnetwork.com/
    Really like what i am seeing so far- you start with developing your budgets, then building your quotes and contracts, then move to mobile device tracking in the field.
    They offer a workshop where they come around the US throughout the year, to help you understand your costs and developing your financial budgets.

5. AllAmericanlawn

Thanks for the link. Interesting..but my business is proffitable. Im looking at more of an accounting/scheduling software.

6. GreenAsItGets

from Apex NC

Right- then u can just jump to their 2nd product which is also integrated to their base offering-
    http://www.golmn.com/

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

I switched to service autopilot last month, just got everything setup and ready to go for the year. I am really liking the options i have available so far. Hopefully it works out like i think it will. customer support has been OK.. good enough for me anyway. I'm still a little nervous about using a web-based service, but it is worth a shot. It is already a night and day difference compared to what i was using before (gopher). But really won't know until i get into the season if its gonna be worth it or not.. in theory though, it should make things much easier for me. I was disapointed at the fact that they do not have pesticide app tracking, but decided to track that in excel.

8. AllAmericanlawn

I like the idea of Service Autopilot. But I am staking my livelihood on that they will keep up there end of the deal. kinda nervous about that. Also I am curious how the scheduling will work. I do %80 mowing and do my landscaping as I can get to it working around my mowing schedule and weather permitting. I don't really do a lot of scheduled jobs on landscaping. Also in the winter I do work but its hit or miss as far as weather permitting me to work. I guess my question is will I have continuous notifications telling me to do the work. lol

9. AllAmericanlawn

...also was wanting opinions on the accounting side of SAP versus Quickbooks. Someone said it sucked on SAP and they used quickbooks for the accounting side. Im not interested in using quickbooks anymore

10. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i was wondering the same thing, but unfortunately will find out as i go along. if i have to buy quickbooks later then so be it. I like the scheduling in SA, its a little different than what i'm used to, but works really good for pesticide app scheduling, and the pre-printed route sheets look good.. their invoices, not so much but i can live with that for now.