1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need advice on sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DGM, Jun 7, 2007.

1. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I am looking to bring all my chemical apps in house. Would this be a good sprayer to start out with spraying spring & fall pre/post apps.

I am looking at features vs. price. So far this seems to pretty desent as far as that, but I have not actually used any big sprayers yet, all the properties we take care of has alot of sqft of turf.

Thanks for any info! :usflag:
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Well it looks like Northern has improved their sprayers!(they needed to!) but it will probably cost $500-$600 for shipping! I would check Lesco, their should be one close to you. I recommend their space-saver 200 gal sprayer, they run about $3500 and there would be no shipping charge. very good design, fits in the upper half of a pick up and you have room left for other things!
  3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Doesn't TSC have Fimco? If there is a farm supply store close by it may be worth your while to take a look.
  4. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

its a fair sprayer but there are better ones for that money available

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

lesco is a great sprayer i have 3 of them trying to save a buck will bite u later when u need parts and u will need parts

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

My vote is no i would not buy it for 2 reasons. Number 1 a hand crank hose real you will have the biggest arms in town and you could learn some new words trying to keep the hose straight.
    And reason 2 the hole in the top of the tank is to small.It will make it hard to pour in products . i would look at lesco
    hope this will help
  7. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

My vote is for a Gregson-Clarke skid sprayer. I tried talking my friend into buying one, but he bought a Lesco Spacesaver instead. Now he's trying to fix problems that I never had to deal with, since I bought a Gregson V-200, instead of a Spacesaver.
  8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

The space saver by Lesco is nice--but some repairs and manintenance are difficult. Installing new pump diaphragms has tight clearance--looks like you have to unbolt the motor and swing it out. Keep new diaphragms on hand.
    Be sure you can get a reel that unwinds to the side. Electric reel is better.
    Will you add wettable powder or fertilizer to tank? If so, paddle agitation is needed. If you use fertilizer--rust will be a problem. Plan how to get it on and off your truck.
  9. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I would spend the extra money and get a Z-spray or Permagreen. They are quicker and easier to use.
  10. profigala

profigala LawnSite Member

if i were you id look at either a gregson-clark or a space saver. I have a lesco space saver, its good and all but have had to replace the diaphrams after 1 year of use, and yes you have to pull the whole unit from the tank to work on it comfortably. I wish they came with udor pumps. Our other truck has a udor pump that is 9 years old only thing replaced is the the poly popit, great pump. Oh yea plus i can fit an ARE truck cap over the space saver.