1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need advice please

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jason_2005lawnman, Apr 17, 2006.

1. jason_2005lawnman

jason_2005lawnman LawnSite Member

well im looking for help but right now im getting more women than men applying; seems like around here the guys dont wanna work; but anyway im married and happy; lol; but would it bother you or your wife hiring another woman; lol; what would u do??; thats what i really want to know, i probably wont hire any females but not sure really what to do; lol kinda odd situation
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I know a few women in my area that cut grass but they are the owners of their own company. I don't know of any that work for anyone else. If it would be me, I would keep them in the office making sure my books and stuff are correct, but if they wanted to come and bust their a$$ with me out in the feild, I would sure welcome the help!!!!!
  3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

We jusst went through this subject again..do a search on hireing women in here and see what you come up with.
  4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt hire a woman to mow. But I would hire one to landscape or design.
  5. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

I've worked with some woman who are tougher and work harder than some of the other slobs. I'd hire the right woman just like I'd hire the right man for the job.payup
  6. jason_2005lawnman

would it look right to people and customer's knowing that im married and i have a different woman out there working with me; would that be right? would u do it? would your wife let you do that?
  7. Dweezil

Dweezil LawnSite Member

If it dosen't bother you, then ask your wife. If you do decide to hire a woman, try to keep your days as short as possible to avoid problems and kiss your wifes ass on your time off to show her you appreaciate her support. If she seems iffy on it, don't do it unless you find someone over qualified and you need the help ASAP.
  8. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

or maybe let your wife help you hire the "right one"...You may get the one that looks like chewbaca but at least your wife will be comfortable with the new worker.
  9. jason_2005lawnman

that would make life a joy ride; lol
  10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Don't most jobs have men AND women working together???? I don't understand why it seems to be such an issue in our industry.