Need Advice...Pros and Cons!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by atasteofnature, Oct 3, 2010.

CMC CGCS LawnSite Member

I read your post with great interest. I'll say should do what makes you happpiest in life. Working a job that you dislike is not a good thing.

Related to your turf choice, it's a great field of study, but jobs are very tough to get in golf or sports fields as a manager. Having worked in both fields, those areas are really niche markets compared to a wide open grounds and landscape business. You can get "type cast" pretty easily in both fields, too. Upward mobility in golf is almost non-existent at the moment and pay rates have actually dropped over the past two years as courses struggle to pay the bills.

Good luck and keep learning.
  2. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

What a wonderful calling it is to help maintain the beauty of God's creation.
    For me, there is an epiphany every day.
  3. atasteofnature

atasteofnature LawnSite Senior Member

thank you all for the great comments...i am leaning more to getting back into it. I am excited but also know nothing won't happen until my ducks are in a row, on top of each other, backwards and forwards! Thank you all for the encouragement! God Bless everyone!