1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice!...SOON!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GreenClips, Mar 6, 2007.

1. GreenClips

GreenClips LawnSite Member

hey i need some advice!....i am on a very very limited budget and i need a new trailer and i need an enclosed one because i have no where to store my equipment. i have the opportunity to buy a 6x10 enclosed trailer i have a 36in WB and a 44in WB and the usual other stuff blowers trimmers things like that...the guy that i might buy this trailer from said he got his 36in WB and his 48in WB in the trailer he said it was a tight fit but it worked i have had a couple of other guys that said i could fit my stuff in there its a single axle trailer and its $900 what do you think?....do you think i could fit the equipment in the trailer?...and what do you think about the price (I'm pretty sure thats a good price for the trailer) do you think it would be a good purchase?.....I'm not planing on upgrading....i know that next year there is this guy i know that is going to sell is bigger trailer and i might sell this one and then buy that one i think i could maybe make a profit on it!...but I'm not sure...

thanks for the advice.
  2. airforcemike

airforcemike LawnSite Member

Sound pretty good those trailers go brand new for about 2k so if the trailer is in good condtion in sounds like a good buy. As for wheter it will fit or not im not sure but you can buy racks to save you space. . Sorry couldnt help more.
  3. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

$900 buy it as long as its in good condition. i have been looking on ebay and stuff for them and i can find one for under $1500 unless its a 4x8 and thats way to small. my advise is buy it. if i was closer i would already have it in my drive way.
  4. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

i go to an auction every week they just sold a 20 ft double axle enclosed trailer for $1200 here in perfect working condition if that tells you anything
    i see 12 ft trailers like the one your talking about sold for $400 - $500 every now and then
  5. GreenClips

well thanks for the advice!....i thought the price sounded really good too...
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

That sounds like a good price. I load all my equip in the trailer first to make sure it fits before I bought it.
    Take some pic's if you get it..
  7. GreenClips

yeah i will when i get it or if i get it!...
  8. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW that is really cheap. Buy some and sell them up here in New England for 3x that much.