Need Advice Urgently!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daniel's Lawn Care, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My aerator that I pull behind my lawn mower broke and I need to buy a new one very soon because I have customers waiting. The one I had was not a commercial aerator. I am looking for a commercial grade pull behind aerator that is 48" wide. Does anyone know of a really good one?

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

There was a very nice blue bird commercial pull behind aerator for sale in the market place, I think it is still available. That would be a good one to get either if you buy it on here or buy it new.

3. Clonts Landscaping

Clonts Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco or John Deere Landscapes makes a very nice 48 and 60 inch pull behind. I think the 48 is around 1500.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

If you want a great one then I will suggest the Aeravator. Up at the very top of the page on the left hand side is their website and they have a pullbehind unit that works great. The only down side is the cost but they will loosen almost any soil.

5. Clonts Landscaping

Aeravators are nice but do they make one you can pull behind a lawnmower?

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Yes they do, it has its own 11hp engine. Heck, they even make a stand on unit.

7. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

If you only have 1 client to do, I suggest renting one for a day. Keep it simple

Buy a $1700 machine to aerate a property for $100, rent one for $35 a day and do your own yard in the afternoon

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

That's what I do. I have only 4 jobs I aerate then I do my own lawn. All for $50 a day. At that rate, I'd be using it 10 years from now to pay it off. Rent one it will be cheaper.

9. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have about 12 lawns I aerate annually and in the spring and fall I get calls from people who cut their own grass but need someone to aerate, lime, fertilize, and seed the lawn. Renting is not an option for me.

10. Clonts Landscaping

I didn't know Aeravator made that many models. I have seen what they can do and it's impressive. Do you have one?