Need advice with a Car lot!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Professionals Inc., Jul 26, 2007.

1. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

I dropped my truck off by the local Ford dealership today and noticed the horrible job the current LCO's are doing. They are cutting St. Augustine at no more than 1"! There is grass every where! The only thing they are doing a good job of is not getting the dust on the cars. Any way, they are letting me put in a bid for the 2008 season. I KNOW I can do a better job every where else, except keeping the dust off the cars. Any suggestions? How would I keep the dust to a minimum. Other than using common sence of course (hence aiming the discharge towards the cars). Any help would be appreciated!

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

In that situation, I think your best bet would be to bag the clippings, I think that would be the easiest way to keep grass from getting on the cars.

3. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mulch Mulch Mulch

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

MUlch kits are a cost effective way to keep your discharge to a minimum, and you don't have to haul the material away.

5. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

We do a Toyota dealership and a mulch kit is the way to go.

6. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Acually I don't feel comfortable without a mulch kit on anything. This is the first year that I have had enough HP to keep them on. I am probally going to remove it from something this week. The Ferris is more than likely going to be the fall guy. My first choice would be the 07 Triton but that would be insane because the reason I bought it was the 35 hp to ..........mulch year round. I find my self only rough cutting with it in the counry because it is made for finer grasses that are cut high and it sucks on country grasses (Bahaia) that you need to get down to 1.75 and cut.

7. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Car dealerships can be notoriously cheap and BIG time PITA's. If you see a crap job..chances are the budget is also tight. Proceed with caution.

8. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys.

9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

In a environment like that you Bag the grass and if you notice dusting on the cars you blow them off with your Stihl BG 85 just like you would do a walk.

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

oh and don't just jump at this job becouse MDLWN1 is correct. they may in fact be looking to save a dime. The hell with the bid don't waist any time Just write down what you will do it for tell them you have insurence give them a card and say if you are intrested call me then move on.