1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jccordes2, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

I am thinking of purchasing a used '98 Bobcat Skid, 773 for $10500. I am excavating for a garage to store future lawncare/landscaping equip. I plan on going full time lawn/landscaping next spring. The question is should I purchase this Bobcat now and avoid paying $2 to $3K in excavation fee's and put that money towards a Bobcat assuming I'll need one for future jobs.? I have had (2) landscape jobs already this summer (Block retaining wall) and ( small excavation ) that I have needed to rent a Bobcat which has already costed $1100 in rental fee's.

or, should I wait and see If I'll really need one for the landsaping portion of the business. I also have to purchase 1 or 2 new mowers this fall or next spring.

any advice would be great, or past experiences?

thanks in advance

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd spend the money on the skid-steer before I spent it on mowers. Much better return from the skid-steer investment.
  3. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

thanks Randy,

are you in the landsape business? or Lawncare? or both?

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

buy the skid they are really handy maybe do a lil snow with them i found mine handy for that
  5. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

Yup, I would go ahead and buy it. Look at this way you could also get the BrushCat and add BushHogging to your services. Just a thought.