Need Advise - Hours on used kubota L4330HSTF

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by SHF315, Mar 27, 2008.

1. SHF315

SHF315 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Looking to buy first tractor. found a used Kubota 05 L4330 which fits my needs.
    It has almost 1600 hours on it. overall appears to be in excellent shape light wear
    nice paint. Moderate wear on front tires. A brand new factory bucket. price about 16000.
    Overall looks and runs good. will be used for private home building and land maintenance and snow moving. Question I have is How much is a lot of hours on a newer machine. and should I look for lower hours at that price range? Thanks for any advise you can give. SHF

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

1600 is not extreme hour wise if the maintenence protocols were followed. Most kubotas go 5000 with proper service some as high as 9000. Research your numbers @ tractorhouse and tractorbynet.com.

3. SHF315

SHF315 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks Lawn King
    It looks like it was taken care of and i will look
    into its history if i can. dont think i will even put 500 a year on it SFH

4. 1TN

1TN LawnSite Member

I know of a L3430 with 4800 hrs on it, and only $400 in repairs (other than normal maintenence). So i'd say 1600hrs is a nice break in!

-Mike

5. SHF315

SHF315 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

thanks mike
    Passed on that tractor and just picked up today a super nice
    04 L5030 with less than 800 hrs. Spent my first hour on a tractor today.
    Runs great. I'm hooked ! The search is on for attachments already.

Thanks again SFH

6. 1TN

1TN LawnSite Member

Congrats! You will love the L5030. We have one on our farm with just 500 hrs on it, and it has never caused up any grief. We can make hay all day long and only use 1gal./hr- even with a 9' haybine or a small square baler. The nice thing about the L5030 compared to smaller machines is that you can attach cat. 2 implements to the rear 3pt. and they fit up nicely. Just make sure you always use the spacers, I bet it wouldnt take long to deform the ball ends if there were slack in them. The L5030 is one gutsy machine!

-Mike

7. SHF315

SHF315 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks Mike
    As i said, all its new to me Looking foward to the day when i understand most of what you said ! SFH :)