Need advise (Hustler Fasttrack)

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by robertyb, Feb 10, 2004.

1. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

I am looking at several ZTRs for residental use only at present time. I have 7.2 acres of which I cut about 3.5 with mower and rest with a bushhog. It is mostly on a hill with trees and few large rocks that can't be removed. Nothing extremely steep. I currently have a lawn service cutting for me but they do NOT like to do residental apparently. They only came about once every 4 to six weeks last season to cut. They use Grasshopper 325/61 midmounts when they cut. They have no problems with my hills. My question is: will the Hustler Fasttrack in a 20/52 handle the hills or should I invest in a full size Z mower? I can get a 2003 Hustler Z 23 Kaw/60 for $6800.00 plus tax or a Grasshopper midmount 220/52 for $5995.00 plus tax.

Please comment.

2. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well, all I can say is I have a residential-grade Toro Timecutter ZX that sucks on hills. I think that many will say that ZTR's aren't the best for hills. But, I have a relative in your same situation who is just a homeowner who dropped a pretty penny on a 2003 eXmark Lazer Z XP 72" 27 HP Diahatsu Diesel. It is pretty big, and you tend to go for a slide on his hills, not too much though.

I don't know how the Fastrak will work, but all I can recommecd is demoing it alot.

Good luck

3. bantam

bantam LawnSite Member
    from iowa

All ZTR's are not equal when it comes to hillsides. Some are MUCH better than others. Even some of the high dollar commercial rigs are not set-up very well for hillside use. BUT there are others that ARE INDEED configured to do the job (even one or two in the residential price range).

Ride what you can, at you property and then decide.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

My Hustler Super Z has an extremely low center of gravity and hold slopes very well. I think the fasttrack has a low center of gravity as well. Post you question in the Hustler forum.
    Tim