1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need advise on ending mowing contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, Jun 21, 2005.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

i have to stop mowing for two customers with contracts. how would you write a letter to notify them. looking for the correct words. thanks, LCME
  2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

why do you need to end them it will help the answer
  3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

With as little to go on as you've written, let me assume one imprtant thing...... You have a ligit reason to stop.

If you don't, Cowboy up and Get Her done.

If you do, how about talking to them face to face. The hardest thing to do is to convey feelings through a letter, e-mail or phone call. Stay focused, do not become emotional and if these people are reasonable, they should see the light. (I just made another assumption just then). At any rate, unless they really smell bad, I like to talk people face to face.
  4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I would use my "either party may terminate this contract with 60 days written notice" statment.
  5. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

Dear customer,

I will no longer be mowing your lawn. My last cutting will be xyz date. Please pay ballance due of abc dollars by def date.

Thank you,

Lawn boy.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

First of all, why are you stopping? Second, can't you get someone else for them?
  7. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Best thing to do is just be honest with them and tell them why you have to stop.
  8. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, just be honest. And remember, its not personal, its just business. Unless of course it is personal, then good luck. Can't help you there.
  9. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

not enough time. was cutting last night after 9:30 pm. also, customers are a little to far. one customer waters her lawn almost every day i have had to double cut and even after that i had a lawn with a pile a grass clippings. used the blower to break up the debis but there is too much clippings. customer complained about all the clippings. customer always talks to me every week about what a bad job my guys are doing. she just complains too much. the second customer is just down the street. too far to drive for one customer. so, i will drop them both. as far as a back up i called the lco who cut my lawn in the past and he will do.