1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need advise on Merit 0-0-7

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Whitley, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Whitley

Whitley LawnSite Member

Is it ok to apply Merit 0.2% 0-0-7 and then apply lesco 28-0-3 20% polyplus 0.35%biosolids 0.7fe at the same time?

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see why not we spray Merit and spread fert at the same time and you can buy fert with merit in it so nock your self out.

I take it that your going to make 2 pass one for the fert and one for the Merit

Charles Cue
  3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Spray is the thing I would think the OP would be interested in knowing. The cost of a bottle of Merit or its AI I am sure would be much more budget friendly for you and achieve the same results given proper application.
  4. Whitley

Whitley LawnSite Member

Yes I plan to make two passes if it is safe. I do not have a sprayer at the moment and lesco was out of the fertilizer/merit with nitrogen.

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I spray a Armortech product it cost $83.50 a gal don't remember the rate but one gal will do just under 6 acres.

Just say it did 5.5 acres thats $15.18 a acre Don't know what a bag of merit cost ? The reason I do it this way is I can keep the fert I like and don't have to go over a yard twice that's why I bough a ride on. Get it all done in 1 pass.

Charles Cue
  6. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

It is definitely ok but are you sure you are within the recommended time in the life cycle of grubs for Merit? Check this site to see. I don't know if it covers as far south as Indy or not. Plug in your ZIP code and see.