Need Advise

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by boxsky, Apr 5, 2006.

1. boxsky

boxsky LawnSite Member

I just started my own business. And Thursday i will be doing an overseed slit seeding job.

My question is..What/How do you tell the client to water their yard. This is a Dr who works long and weird hours. I did not price the job for me to come 3 times a day to water the lawn. i was going to write up a recommended schedule but not sure if they will follow it correctly. The good thing is we are to get some rain the next couple of days, but it will need more then this.

have you charged them for coming to watering, do you supply the hose and sprinklers, There are timers out there you can set for them but that would mean the hose lays around.

Any advise would be helpful

2. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Got to be his responsability. Suggest he gets a neihborhood kid to water it for a few extra bucks. otherwise the hose and timer is the best bet I think.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How big is the area(s)? Home depot sells the timers that are automatic and work well for this. You can set them for 3 times a day. Tell him to buy a one (or a few).

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I'd suggest to him he needs and irrigation system

5. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

If hes a doctor he can affors a sprikler system

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure if you want to get into this type of business but when i seed i rent out hose, sprinkler heads, and timers so the cunstomer doesn't have to worry about watering. the only time i rent them is june-mid september. its spring there should be enough rainfall in your area for you not to worry.

7. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Clients are something?, arent they!!!....You'll lean quickly how much you have to be responsible for everything........over time we found it best to "As a Courtesy" to lay out the hoses, put on the timer, and set the sprinkler heads.....before long we started to charge for that service, but not the replaceiong of the batteries for the clock?....That was there job!!!!:hammerhead: