Need Advise

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by boxsky, Jun 5, 2006.

1. boxsky

boxsky LawnSite Member

My primary work is lawn care. I have a client who is looking for some shrub removal, fill, etc... He now tells me he would like block around the beds. I will need to go about 8-12 inches high. The wall will be about 150 feet long. Since this is the first time for me, what is the best way for a newbie to price it. Material + costs, material x 10, etc... For a seasoned person what is your time frame to lay this?

Thanks for you advise.

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

150' long wall is a hell of a long wall to practice on. I would not take this on for a first time job with out experience.
    mike

3. boxsky

boxsky LawnSite Member

It's not one single wall. it 3 seperate. I just gave total length. I have done walls but never as part of the business, for my personal property. Over several weekends and did not time myself.

4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Make sure you have a line or laser cause if not it will look like sh!t. Also around here its $18-$28 a sq ft.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like a nice little garden wall. Just do some reading on this site and you should be ok. I built walls like that when i was 16. Shoot for around 25 a face foot and you shouldn't loose your butt to bad on it. Just keep track of your time and everything so you can adjust your price for the next job.

Matt