Need all the help I can get.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wayneworld, Feb 26, 2005.

1. wayneworld

wayneworld LawnSite Member

Hey guys , I just wanted to say hello and that I have been looking into the lawn business for about two years now and want to start this year. I am trying to get fixed on a ztr but having trouble making up my mind. Can anybody help me with my first mower? Also anything you think I should know please , please email me .Thanks :dizzy:
  2. William Camp

William Camp LawnSite Member

Welcome I would try the scag tiger cub they should start at about 6.000.00 I have had mine for two years and love it. Good luck :cool2:
  3. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

Not knowing much of your situation I can only tell you what has worked for me. I first started with midsized walk behinds. After about 5 years in the business I purchased a ztr and some customers felt the mower was to big for their small lawn, even though these were 1/2 acre lawns. After calming their nerves they were o.k. with it but still some people think the amount of time spent mowing determines the quality. Also with a midsized w.b. you are able to fit in most fenced in yards.
  4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

BEFORE you look into types of mowers FIRST look into dealers/service centers in YOUR area/s of operation. Find a few reputable dealers, go in and speak with them, tell them your sitation and what you are looking for. Weed out the dealers that you didn't get a 'warm fuzzy' with. THEN start looking at brands and types of equipment.
  5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

This should be your first step, there are 2 many opinions about specific mowers here. :cool: