Need an honest opinion from a cyclone leaf rake owner

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by CITY PARK CUTTER MAN, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah. Mine is full of water too even with the Brinley on it.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

It's good trailer...mine has about 1000 miles on it! I use it around house behind 4 wheeler...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Richard Martin

I haven't used mine since we moved last spring. And thank God. I will never have another pine tree on my property ever again. That was literally a 365 day a year job cleaning up pine cones and needles (straw). And if a tropical storm or huge T-storm went through, it would take days to clean all of the crap up.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Around here the pine straw goes in beds...
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Quix

Quix LawnSite Member

This is my 4th year with the Cyclone. I have the XL with a 9hp motor. I wouldnt do leaves without it. Sure it's long but the time and work it saves it it is well worth it. A little planning ahead on how to tackle a yard goes a long way. When I'm blowing out the beds I also go bout 2 feet aroung other obsticales. Working on the perimter you will know the limits on turning and adjust. If its a "tight" yard instead of trying to turn the thing around just go backwards across lawn. Once you get to know how to work with its strenghts and work "with" it, it's a time saver especialy for being solo.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The piece that is sitting on your trailer tongue with a shute into the trailer, needs wheels and an opening in which one could rake leaves into and the inpellor sucks them in and blows them out...
    Is there any possibility that it could be a stand-alone unit, or is it dependant on the mower???

7. Richard Martin

You can change it to suit your individual needs, yes. It doesn't need the mower to do it's job. I'm working on massively changing it now.

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for posting that picture... Now I have something to describe in the real world to the various implement dealers and perhaps get away from the deer in the headlights look... :)