1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need an opinion...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by show-n-go, Dec 24, 2012.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I don't mean to hi jack the thread but since you brought it up, I have two fs 90's one I use with a hedge trimmer attachment, is the 90 to small for this attachment?
  2. Spring Valley Lawn Service

Spring Valley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I bought a stihl edger and use the old head off a trimmer for trimming. Use the edger at beginning of year and use the trimmer to edge rest of year
  3. cpllawncare

what size is the head? my edger is a 110.
  4. JustRidinAlong

JustRidinAlong LawnSite Member

Go with a RedMax 2660TS string trimmer
    Then buy the edger attachment for it. The heads are held on with 2 hex screws and the shaft splines right into each head.

I'm not fond of the systems that detach in the middle because you always end up using 2 drive shafts and reducing torque at you business end

But if your cutting new edges, you might want to think about a wheeled edger to get the job done faster and easier. Stick edgers are mostly for maintaining.
  5. cpllawncare

We have a mclane wheeled edger for cutting in edges the stick is just for maintaining but if we're in a hurry usually during the busy season we just use the trimmers for maintaining.Only the stick edger is on the split shaft 110 kombi the 90's are regular shaft trimmers. I'm thinking I need to get a hedge trimmer attachment for the kombi since it's a 110?
  6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

If any of your 5 lawns you mow have sprinkler heads adjacent to/in contact with any concrete edges you wish to maintain...think twice before using a metal blade w/o marking them first.