Need answer, please help...?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Lawnaholic, May 3, 2005.

1. Lawnaholic

Lawnaholic LawnSite Member
    from DFW, TX

Hello to all. I'm new to the website. I've seen all the expertise "LCO's" that use this forum and I was hoping y'all(yes, as you can tell, I'm from Texas) could help me out w/ this. Is there a waiting period for mowing, after a yard has been "aerated"(I hope I spelled that right)? Or can you just mow as usual w/out waiting any? Thanks ahead of time for any insight on this...

2. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Cut away, it will help break up the plugs removed by the aeration process which will help break down any thatch you may have in the turf. If you have a choice wait a day or so just so the plugs dry up a bit before mowing, otherwise your tires will most likely get covered in mud when you cut. Not a problem unless you need to cut across driveways and sidewalks to run your pattern. Then you will leave tire tracks wherever you go.

3. Lawnaholic

Lawnaholic LawnSite Member
    from DFW, TX

Dave, thanks for the response. I really appreciate it. This is a great forum and very-very helpful. Thanks again...

4. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Popped your cherry today did ya! Welcome to Lawnsite you will find an answer to every question for the green industry you may have.