need answers & opinions on kawasaki KBL27A.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TTPRODR, Jul 19, 2007.

1. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

I just won an auction for the kawasaki KBL27A. for $228 shipped brand new, is it a good deal?Im planning to use for residential now but maybe commercially later on when I gather all my equipments.
    It says blade attachment capable,does anyone knows what that really means?is that blade attachment can be used for edging? that blade is the kind of a saw disk type?

2. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

looks pretty solid

kb27_engine.jpg

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, you got a good deal. I think the going price is around $269 if you buy over the internet or find a sale going on.

Blade capable means that you can mount a toothed blade to cut down small saplings and brush. IMHO if you're going to do that you need a bigger more powerful tool.

I've ran a KBL26A for the past 2 years mowing aprox 60 lawns per week without any problems whatsoever. Light, powerful, easy starting.

4. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

It's an excellent trimmer and you got it at a good price. I've had 2 KGT27A's for 2 years now and absolutely love them. Kawasaki calls the KGT27A "commercial grade" and the KBL27A "professional grade", whatever that means.

The only difference between the two is that the KGT model has a soft bushing that fits between the driveshaft tube and engine housing for vibration dampening purposes. Other than that the 2 machines are pretty much identical.

You'll love it, even the various helpers I've gone through this season (let's not go there) all say they're the best trimmers they've ever used.