Need bidders, please help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jimh1, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jimh1

jimh1 LawnSite Member

I've been tasked with finding bidders for our properties in the mid-atlantic region. We are bidding +/- 30 properties together. These are located from Philadelphia to Florida. The colder sites will also need snow removal.

Most sites are 10 plus acres, one is 61 and we also have about 10 bank branches.

Does anyone know of a National or East coast company I can send the bid package to?

The contract will not be awarded until Spring of 2008. We are organizing the scope of work for each site and should send the bid packeges by the end of Oct.

Any help would really be appreciated.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm willing to stand corrected, but I don't see too many Lco's wanting to tackle this as a whole. Not saying there aren't any, but I assume you need more than one for this process to work, so I would suggest splitting these up by state, you may even have to narrow it down to the county / city level for it to become available to a larger crowd...
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

it hurts me to say this, but a nationwide company like Brickman, Trugreen Landcare, Valley Crest, Bizuto... might be you best option. and even then they might not have an office near a particular town or site so you'd still might need to go local...
  4. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

How many sites are in the Carolinas?
    I may know of a solid company to refer this to but would like some more info first. Thanks!
  5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Anything in NC? Give us some more info.
  6. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

What you got in Florida
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

If you're willing to break up the package into regions I'm intersted...
  8. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

U.S. Maintenance. They are national. they will find lco's to handle all the accounts. They are located in PA.
  9. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If you want a national company to bid 'em all, you'll have to be willing to pay top $$ for work that's no better than average.
    Lots of hands in that cookie jar.
    You'll still have the local variability in care combined with the lack of response from a big company..... lose-lose.

Why can't the location manager be responsible for handling grounds care?
  10. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

Jim, send me a pm with your contact information. I'll see what we can do.