Need blade info on Viking 48

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by aVOLanche, May 10, 2007.

1. aVOLanche

aVOLanche LawnSite Member

I have an older 48" Viking Hydro serial #127xxx(1996 I think).I've been using a couple of sets of notched high-lifts that I got with the machine and they need replacement.Can you tell me the OEM part number for replacements?

Is it the 403026 or has that been superceded by another blade?Or is the 403059 the notched high-lift?Both were listed in the parts manual and no pictures,so I'm confused.
    Also,do the newer Vikings use the same blades as the older models?Thanks if you can shed some light on this! Fred

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Here is what I have. Your blades do supercede to a new part number. The high lift notched blade is now part# 103-6583. I am guessing that the other blade is the solid airfoil. Which is a high lift blade. All of those series machines used a 5/8" blade bolt so it runs the same type of blade on new units.
    Thanks Fred.

3. aVOLanche

Thanks,just got 3 103-6583' blades!....Thanks again!Fred

4. eXmark

aVOLanche I would like to know where the belt is coming off. This will help me narrow down the problem. Is it coming off of the deck or the engine?

5. aVOLanche

It seems to be coming off at the engine pulley.I did notice that there is a tilt to the idler pulley when the blades are engaged.But I can't see any way to adjust it.It looks like there is some play in the "engagement arm" where it slides down over the large "pivot"( where you grease the idler arm-the piece on the deck that the arm slides down over).And that allows the pulley to tilt to where it is not spinning in the same plane as the other pulleys/sheaves.But the belt still tracks in the center of the pulley when at speed.That's the only thing I can see that seems at all out of whack.Thanks!Fred

6. eXmark

This could be easier than I thought. If it is coming off of the engine pulley it has to be a belt guide adjustment. I would check and rest the guides on the crank pulley. The engine pulley is the easy end of the machine to trouble shoot on this. We actually have a good picture of this in your operator's manual.
    Thanks Fred.