1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Bulk Landscape Fabric & Grass seed

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Any sources? I feel like getting this stuff at the retail stores is as dumb as getting mulch & soil at the retail stores.

I wouldnt mind buying 50 rolls + of fabric. Maybe a half ton of premium seed.
  2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Pennington Seed, is the best bet

they grow their own seed grass and its some of the best

They only sell wholesale and are very big into errosion control
  3. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

Dont know about the seed but the weed/grass fabric I buy is from Cost Co. 800 sqft for $32. Cheapest I have found around here. Might wanna check that out in your area.
  4. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

that is cheap. we dont have them in NY though
  5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

How does $1,200 plus freight (I would guess a few hundred if that) on 1,000 pounds of premium seed sound. CSI geoturf is the name of the company, I'm sure they are on the web. Let me know if you want a phone number to the owner or his son who runs a branch. They might do you a little better on the price also, that's just a close guess.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i get my fabric from Costco I also have a AMEX Card which gets me money back when i buy gas at costco also which is good!

i know guys who get their fabric from suburban landscape or angelo's And they think their gettin a good deal but its really not! compared to costco and its like the same stuff!
  7. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

i got a 4ft wide by 300 ft long roll today for $125. From a wholesale pipe place in my area.
  8. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

Not bad, yeah, if you have a helpful contact beyond their website info I'll use it.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would get a rate on shipping before you call just to make sure its possible.
  10. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

This go to construction supply store. Its the warehouse with contractor trucks outside of it.I cant believe I just let go of a trade secret. A example of price difference is Lowes sod stables 20 count $5.99, supply store 1000 count $29.99.