Need contact info for Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ATVracer, Jul 12, 2006.

1. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

If anyone has recently entered into an agreement with servicing a Wal-Mart, how did you go about it? I contacted their corporate HQ via email and they told me I had to submit a supplier questionaire, which I just finished. The questionaire was based more for someone who is supplying products rather than a service. So I am wondering who you are in contact with for their lawncare. Is it the local store manager? How do you submit invoices...etc. Any help would be appreciated as a new Supercenter is halfway completed here. Thanks!
  2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

They sent us a deal in the mail to fill out and submit, our service wasn't anything to do with grounds keeping though.

I think your best bet is start with the store manager, or district manager and they should point you in the right direction.
  3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Why on earth would you want to cut grass for wal-mart.
    Can you say "roll back the prices"?:hammerhead:
  4. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

1. I need more clients

2. There is a price for everything, and if it's not my price then I won't do it.

3. I live in a town of 11K people, 8 k of those probably go to Wal-Mart daily for something since there is virtually no other one stop shop in town. This will give me a lot of visibility/name recognition and potentially more jobs.

4. see # 1.

BTW-WalMart no longer mails out packets for service providers. It has to be done online.
  5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Speak to the store manager. First place to start. We service one Walmart and there ok to work for. I have 6 other crews that also are in the lawn care biz but we get the job cuz we do a good job - charge MY rates and they don't complain. Although in the last 2 years, there have been 3 new managers.