Need Customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaredslawncare, Jul 1, 2002.

1. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

I just expanded my buisness by buying a new exmark but i have so much time left in the working day i need more jobs. how do all you pros do it?Any tips on getting customers?

Jareds Lawn Maitenence
    ____________________-
    2002 exmark 2148kaw
    1998 Simplicity Broadmoor
    4.521s Lawnboys
    Weedeater Trimmers

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Jared, go with flyers. The benefit of flyers is that you can pick the specific neighborhoods (even specific houses) that you want to work.
    This helps to keep your route nice and tight as oppposed to people calling from all over the place when you use a newspaper ad or phone book listing.

Do a great job at your current customers and you may pick up a few neighbors.
    I've picked up 4 new customers this year from neigbors coming over and and asking me for a price (and may have 2 more soon).

Good luck.

3. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

I agree with gogetter flyers are the easiest, fastest, and cheapest way to expand you business. But I think the people talking about what good work you do expands you business the fastest, so ask you current customers if they know anyone who needs yardwork....

4. dr grass

dr grass Banned

Flyers are ok, but you can only expect a 1-2 % turnover rate with them. so for every 100 you pass out you may get a call or 2. the best and fastest way ive found to pick up new clientelle is by mail-order flyers. also, doing a good job helps. ive picked up quite a few from neighbors coming over and inquiring. doing extras on the weekends helps even more. the neighbors see that your doing other thing besides cutting grass, and they come over for a tree job, aeration, thatching, ect. estimate .... BINGO! you got your foot in the door. now all you have to do it work em'

good luck
    Shep