Need Design and Plant Suggestions

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by dakotahooper, Jun 2, 2008.

1. dakotahooper

dakotahooper LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

We have almost completed our retaining walls/flower beds for our front lawn. Many hot hours in the the Texas sun. I am looking for some suggestions on what to plant to add to the house and the landscape. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

IMG_0206_resize.jpg

IMG_0207_resize.jpg

IMG_0215_resize.jpg

2. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

so basicly your asking for free design work. brings back memeroys to the can i barrow your..............thread.

3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting grade/slope issues you've got there. Was the tree in the circle that high up to start, or did you raise it? Or bury it?

4. dakotahooper

from Dallas

Yeah, those slopes are a lot of fun. The beds before were just outlined by the builders brick. I was losing dirt to erosion and you could see more of the foundation than I would have liked. The orginal tree ring was pretty high to begin with. We probably raised the ring by only 6 inches in the front a couple of inches in the back.

I was just looking for some suggestions and some thoughts. Thanks to those who help.

5. OKIEMIKE

OKIEMIKE LawnSite Member

which direction does the house face?

6. dakotahooper

from Dallas

Sorry. I should have included that. The house faces due South, so it basically get sun the whole day.

7. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Hard to help without learning more about what's going on. Forget I asked.

8. dakotahooper

from Dallas

I wasn't upset with what you were asking at all. The first comment was a little irritating, but what can expect from the internet. PaperCutter, I totally understand. It was completely alright with what you asked. I will gladly fill anyone in on what we did or any other questions. That project took a lot of work and time and I will be glad to explain anything (even though I may get ripped on something).

I am also looking for some suggestions on plants and designs. Thanks again in advance.

9. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

You should be able to find a decent Landscape Architect in your area who will design your front landscape for somewhere around $300.

10. dakotahooper

from Dallas

Thanks for the suggestion.