Need ESTIMATE help bad!!! Bid today!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TheTurfTender, Apr 18, 2008.

1. TheTurfTender

TheTurfTender LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Thank for looking.

I just got a lead for an account with about 2 acres along a river. The account would has a ton of trees, and I would imagine at least a half an hour of trimming....at least every other week. I am currently charging around $60 an hour, and I am thinking this would take me about 2, so I think I should be in the $100-$120 range. Does that seem right or will I get drasticlly underbid? I really want this account so your prompt responses would be nice!

I will post some pics of the property.....and the quotemobile!

riv1.jpg

Riv2.jpg

RIV3.jpg

RIV4.jpg

RIV5.jpg

2. TheTurfTender

from Mn

A few more pics

RIV6.jpg

RIV7.jpg

RIV8.jpg

qmobile.jpg

3. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

I want to live there!!!!

4. TheTurfTender

from Mn

Yep. It's right on the Mighty Mississip!

5. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

That's a lot of trees to trim around. I would say 120$ seems fair.

6. Turfrific

Turfrific LawnSite Member

$125.00 if your gonna cut it once a month,$225 for 2 or more times. no one will beat that bid.

7. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

What a beautiful piece of property...

You should see the size of the MS River down here (in New Orleans).. It's prob 10x that width, and not beautiful like that in the least bit.....

8. TheTurfTender

from Mn

I lost out to a guy who bid it @ $75!

Ouch

9. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

sorry fella, there will be more though.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well don't feel bad, that's a rough lot and for all the work I would have bid it at $90-100 myself and that's a go-get-it price (in other words you're gonna work for that money) and I really think 100 at the minimum, but I'm not sure on the size...

If it's really 2 acres, I assume, but there's a lot of bs in there (think LEAVES in the fall omg) and also the turf isn't in the greatest shape, but hey if you bid 100-120 you gave it a fair shot, all you can do.

Just from the pics it does look like a lot more than 1 acre... I'm not sure, but if $75 won it and it's really 2 acres then some Lco is looking to get some experience or something out of the deal, I forget how all that works but $75 for 2 acres like that would be rough (you might want to see about finding out if it's really 2 acres thou, just to be sure).

btw nice estimate-giving ride :)