1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Estimating Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by skarrlette, Oct 20, 2007.

1. skarrlette

skarrlette LawnSite Member

Hi, I have a customer who wants to redo there front entrance there home that is up on a small slope. They want all of there 12 stairs in bluestone (standard size)--then the entranace under front door in bluestone/then a bluestone patio (small landing) between each set of stairs then another small set of stairs, this is because the house is up a small slope, so 12 steps and about 200 square feet of bluestone (the risers will be fielstone).

Then they want a new fieldstone wall about 2 1/2 feet at low point/ 8 ft highest point and 40 feet long all in fieldstone.

Then they want to veneer the side of the stairs in a veneer of fieldstone about 200 square feet. This is basically because right now everything is in concrete and not that attractive.

So I am having a hard time coming up with a good price because i want the job. The materials are about $6,500. and I am competing with another guy who gave a high price because he does country clubs! but i don't know what price he gave and want to give a good price.

can someone give me some good prices to give

Desperate !! for the job
  2. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Try that question over in the Hardscaping forum
  3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

You've got to be kidding right? "Today we do hardscaping..."
  4. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

:cry: Busted :cry:
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure how much experience you have with hardscaping but from what your saying here your going to need an experienced crew of around 4-5 people to get it done in a timely fashion. If you don't have experience with veneering concrete sub it out. It may look easy but its not if you want it done right. This sounds like a fairly large job for a little guy so if you don't have the crew or the experience pass on it. Its better to pass on this job than screw it up and end in court. We do a lot of hardscaping around here and I have an experienced crew and doing a great job for you customer take time and lots of experience. We just picked another job this week to redo that was done in May that another inexperienced company put in when they should have passed on it. Now there going to court over it. Don't let it be you.